Friday, February 4, 2011

All about Me!





Welcome to my blog! My name is Kristen and I am a 4th grade teacher in Texas. I adore my students and I love coming up with new fun lessons to make learning exciting! I would love to share my lessons, fun class times, and love for learning with you all.



Today was our 4th snow day in a row... Texas weather is ridiculous! I have done everything from watching endless amounts of TV, cleaning our apartment, spending personal time reading my new book Radiant by Marian Jordan (so good!), and now I started a 'teacher blog'. Thank you to my sister Kylie and her BFF Claire for introducing me to the blogging world. Now, I have something to do.

I wanted to introduce you to my amazing family...


Some of my wonderful, beautiful friends,



And my adorable boyfriend, Matt,


Now let's Q&A....

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?
A: I would totally be a principal. Actually I have my masters in educational management so that someday this dream may be a reality.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Hanging out with my wonderful friends, St. Ann's Catholic Church Teens, shopping, reading loving on my boyfriend

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: Well, it was a mixture between doctor, teacher, and flight attendant. I kind of wanted to be all three! Can I still do that?

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A: WORLDWIDE TRAVELING!!! I love traveling. After spending time in Australia, I definitely have the travel bug.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!
A: Snakes... I hate them. Their slithering disgusting bodies make me shiver in my Banana Republic tan leather boots.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: Anywhere out of the country.This summer I am going to be in a wedding in the Netherlands!

Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
A: "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."— Mother Teresa

Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Integrity. I think this is the most important quality to have in a person.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
A: My joy... I LOVE life. I try to live life as a reflection of God's glory.

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?
A: Mary. As the mother of Jesus and of all of us, I would love to just love on her.

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I am obsessed with anything Australia. After living there, it opened my eyes to just the world. I have tons of friends there and I was so blessed to have a student in my class this year from Melbourne. Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!

I also was on a safety video for American airlines DC-10 flights for 10 years... my claim to fame!

Until next time. Peace, Love, and teaching. 





2 comments:

  1. Yay! Another fourth grade teacher! Can't wait to read more about what you do in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I was checking out other teacher-bloggers on The First Grade Parade and I found a fellow OSU grad!! I'm so happy that you're excited and loving teaching! It was great getting to know you on here - adding to our time spent together in Stillwater. :) Glad things are going well and I can't wait to read about all the great things you're up to in your classroom! (Happy to know that Humphrey made it through the snow days as well!) -Jech

    ReplyDelete